The Healing and Wellness Retreat Center
To learn more...download our brochure: Brochure
Our Healing and Wellness Retreat Center uses medically proven therapies to help women reconnect, restore hope and feel whole again during a full day retreat (8:30am to 4:30pm).
How it works
Every health issue disrupts our lives physically, mentally and emotionally. Healing is the process of restoring balance to mend a life fragmented by these challenges.
During the retreat the participants will learn techniques to:
- Decrease stress and increase relaxation
- Reduce and manage pain
- Tap into your inner strengths and energy
- Improve focus and concentration
- Sleep through the night
- Have fun!
Who the program is for
Women of all economic lines and ethnic groups who have experienced similar challenges such as:
- Cancer patients and survivors
- Victims of domestic violence
Description of the location
- Log home with fireplace, plus warm, cozy meeting and activity rooms
- Beautiful in ground pool with adjacent cabana
- A Healing Garden, plus Herb, Day Lily, Shaker, and wildflower gardens
- Quiet, private areas for contemplation and meditation
The Happy Wednesday Foundation, a non-profit [501(C)(3)], partners with associations, organizations, and non-profits whose mission it is to support disenfranchised women and invites them to participate in the retreats.
Women going through life changing events experience a myriad of emotions. During these times decisions, direction and daily activities must go on despite the feeling of being stuck and not knowing how to move forward.
Do you wonder how these challenging life experiences may have affected their lives? The Healing Center's intention is to support, encourage and inspire women who may have lost their focus, lost their motivation or think they have lost their ability to be the woman they want to be.
How you can help
- Financial donations
- Private foundation grants
- Become a sponsor
*You can choose the group you want to fund
Our goal each year is to raise $12,000 to support 60 women (6 retreats) this summer and fall. This will allow organizations who might otherwise be unable to send their groups of women to participate in the retreats.
You have an opportunity and the power to make a huge difference not only in the lives of the women attending the retreats, but also in the lives of their children and families.
To make a donation or to become a sponsor, click here!
A special thanks to our sponsors for supporting our programs:
- Home Depot
- Jordan Hospital Breast Center
- Good Samaritan Cancer Center
- Signature Health Care
- Cabot Cheese
- The Bridgewater Savings Bank
- HarborOne Credit Union
- Winberg's True Value Hardware
- Nite Sweatz, Inc.
- Stop and Shop
- Whole Food Markets, Inc
Testimonials from the R & R Day Retreat participants:
***The Happy Wednesday Foundation is committed to assisting women who may have lost their focus,
• ”I feel hopeful."
• “I feel like I have been given a gift. Thank you so very much."
• “I learned I can eat healthy and that it can taste good. Wow! It feels good to be pampered."
• “Grateful! I felt calm and connected with nature and the people that were involved."
• "I want to thank you and your wonderful staff for one of the most special days in my life. The retreat was outstanding from the time we arrived until the time we reluctantly left. The food, atmosphere and all the activities planned contributed to a great day. It was an opportunity to truly relax and enjoy the company of many wonderful women."
• "I so enjoyed the day at your retreat. The best part was being with all the women but I also found the last part about how to deal with stress very helpful. The effects from the day stayed with me. I felt it was a very positive, healing experience."
lost their motivation, or think they have lost their ability to be the person they want to be by also offering
the following support:
• The National Association of Divorce for Women and Children (Fresh Start After Divorce)
• Single Again! Now What? Mentoring Program
Bonus: All R & R Day Retreats include limousine service to and from the retreats provided by Moonlighting Limousine.
More Retreat Pictures...